Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hunter Gatherer Collaboration

This has been sitting as a Draft for far too long. I just began my second Flamenco session at the Clinard Dance Theater where I try and brainwash my body into doing things it has no familiarity with. In fact, the beautiful subject in these photos is also my instructor. Marisela is stunning. Watching any Flamenco performance is mesmerizing but even more so when you actually know the dancer and see how the art transcends into their daily being. It's funny revisiting these images because I had taken them prior to starting Flamenco and now I recognize how much energy and strength went into so many of these poses. Flamenco arm movements are real and HARD.
This collaboration began one dewy morning in Humboldt Park where I met Laura (Hunter Gatherer) and Marisela. It was all very organic, figuratively and literally. Laura brought out a morose aesthetic in my work that I don't often try. The last few shots were taken by the water which was fitting as Laura's latest work is inspired by bait and tackle. I'm extremely fond of these images and they are only a handful of the entire set.
Jewelry: Hunter Gatherer | Clothing: NUIT Clothing 
(Skirt & Shawl are Model's own)
Model/Dancer: Marisela Tapia | Styling: Laura Prieto-Velasco
See the entire set on Flickr

3 comments:

  1. Fashion Jewelry please log in http://www.cde-wholesale.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything that made them look hippie-like, but not anymore! Oversized cardigans, large bulky bangle bracelets and long feather earrings are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this
    visit:Party Plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might also try a nautical star, and match (or mismatch) to your necklace and bracelet images. The key to rockabilly or pinup fashion is to be yourself—choose themes and motifs that appeal to your personality, with a dash of skullduggery rock-and-roll or countrified Western style, and you’ll be all set!
    visit: Party Plan

    ReplyDelete